Ealing Stabbing - Police Appeal to Shoppers

22-year-old killed after incident in town centre

Related Links

One Man Killed After Double Stabbing

ActonW3.com, ChiswickW4.com and EalingToday.co.uk

Comment on this story on the forum

Police say they have no evidence to suggest that a man was killed in a 'gang' related incident in Ealing town centre on Tuesday.

Officers were called shortly before 15:15hrs (6 August) to reports of youths fighting outside Costcutter, also known as 'A1' in The Mall, W5.

When police attended there was no sign of any disturbance.

Officers were subsequently called by London Ambulance Service regarding two injured men in Gunnersbury Lane, W3. They were both taken to a central London hospital with stab wounds.

A 22-year-old man was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Police say they believe they know his identity but await formal identification.

A post-mortem examination took place at Uxbridge Mortuary today, Wednesday 7 August.

An 18-year-old man was also taken to hospital suffering from stab injuries and has since been released from hospital.

Enquiries into the circumstances of the incident are ongoing.

Detective Chief Superintendent Nev Nolan, Borough commander for Ealing, said: "This is a shocking and tragic event which has occurred in what is normally a very peaceful and safe area of the borough.

"At this stage, there is nothing to suggest that this incident is gang-related and I know that whilst the community is shocked, we are working with our partners to bring those responsible to justice.

"Additional patrols have been put in place to provide further reassurance to Ealing's communities and anyone with information is asked to either speak to officers or call us on 101."

Detective Chief Inspector Howard Groves, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: "It would have been fairly busy in The Mall and in the Hamilton Road area at that time of the afternoon and people may have captured the incident on mobile phones or hand-held devices. I urge anyone who may have photographs or video footage to contact police as this may help us with our inquiries."

Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Enquiries continue. No arrests.




8th August 2013