More Arrests In Greenford Grave Murder Investigation

Police continue to appeal for information

Related Links

Zbigniew Michniewicz

Police Investigate Murder in Greenford


Sign up for our free newsletter

Comment on this story on the

Detectives investigating the murder of Zbigniew Michniewicz in Greenford have made further arrests.

A 45 year old man is currently in a central London police station.

Police were called at approx 12:35hrs on Thursday, 5 December following concerns for the welfare of a resident at 251 Greenford Road, Greenford.

Officers from Ealing attended the address and discovered the body of a man, now identified as 36- year-old Zbigniew Michniewicz , of Greenford Road.

A 20-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl were arrested at the time on suspicion of murder.

A post-mortem examination took place at Uxbridge Mortuary on Friday, 6 December. The cause of death is not being issued at this time.

Police continue to appeal for witnesses who may have seen people going in and out of the property at 251 Greenford Road.

Also, officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed a fight between three white males which took place outside the property on an evening two or three weeks ago.

Detectives said a grave was prepared for the victim in the back garden. They are appealing for neighbours who back on to the property, and who may have seen something suspicious going on in the garden, to come forward.

Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: "I am keen to hear from anyone who may have seen anything suspicious at the address or who may have some information. I also want to hear from anyone who stayed at or visited the property in the last few weeks.

"I would like to emphasise that we will treat any information received sensitively and in the utmost confidence."

An incident room has opened in Belgravia. Anyone with information is asked to call 020 7321 7228, the police non-emergency line on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

On Wednesday, 11 December, a 17-year-old girl was re-arrested on suspicion of murder, and a 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder. They have been bailed until a date in January 2014 pending further enquiries.

A man has been charged with conspiring to prevent the lawful and decent burial of a dead body without lawful excuse.


16th December 2013