Cigarette Causes Fire at West Ealing House

Fire service discover no smoke alarms in the property


Sign up for our free newsletter

Comment on this story on the

A discarded cigarette is thought to be to blame for a fire at a house in West Ealing.

A man and a woman escaped the blaze on Kingsley Avenue in the early hours of Tuesday morning (19th April).

The fire damaged part of a back bedroom.

Four fire engines and around 20 firefighters were called and discovered that the house didn’t have any smoke alarms.

Warning residents of the importance of fitting smoke alarms, Ealing Crew Manager Chris Jaron said:

“Having a working smoke alarm is essential. Every home should have at least one. Smoke alarms provide vital early warning and buy you extra time to escape if there is a fire.

''We offer residents a free home fire safety visit where we will visit your home, provide fire safety advice and fit free smoke alarms if you need them.”


19 April 2011


Bookmark and Share