Chemical Incident on Clitheroe Avenue

Broken barometer caused alert

Related Links



Sign up for our free newsletter

Comment on this story on the

Two fire engines and around ten firefighters were called to a chemical incident at a semi-detached two-storey house on Clitheroe Avenue, West Ealing.

They discovered that a small amount of mercury had spilled out from a broken barometer. The chemical was neutralised and removed from the house by the Brigade’s firefighters.

The incident happened yesterday evening and was dealt with before 9pm.

Firefighters from Southall and Ealing fire stations were in attendance. There are no reports of injuries.


September 8, 2009

Bookmark and Share