£20,000 Reward On Offer As Police Still Baffled By A40 Car Death

Were you on the A40 around midnight on Friday 27th May?

Related Links

Aaron McQueen - Williams


Sign up for our free newsletter

Comment on this story on the

Police are offering A £20,000 reward for information about the death of a man who fell from a car on the A40.

Officers were called at 00:20hrs on Friday 27 May to a man found seriously injured on the eastbound A40, near to the junction with Hanger Lane (near the Hoover Building), in Ealing.

Aaron McQueen-Williams,23, from Cranmer Close, Eastcote was taken by ambulance to hospital suffering serious head injuries. He was subsequently pronounced dead shortly after 07:00hrs.

A post-mortem gave cause of death as blunt trauma to the head consistent with the fall.

Detective Inspector Steve Smith, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said:

"Six months have now elapsed since Aaron's death. This investigation is being treated as an unexplained death and we are still in the process of establishing the full circumstances of the incident.

''I would particularly appeal to anyone who may have witnessed Aaron getting into a Silver BMW 1 Series car in or around Cranmer Close, Eastcote between 23:00hrs and midnight on Thursday 26 May to come forward.

"I am also very keen to hear from anyone driving Eastbound along the A40, between The Target roundabout and The Hoover building in Perivale just after midnight on Thursday 26 May into Friday 27 May and saw a silver BMW 1 Series car being driven erratically or swerving across the different lanes of traffic.

"We are offering a reward of up to £20,000 for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the person responsible for Aaron's death."

Anyone who can assist is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8247 7821; if you wish to remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

An Incident Room opened at Barnes under detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command.

On the evening of Friday 27 May a 24 year old man and a 23year old man were arrested in connection with the investigation. They were both later bailed pending further inquiries - the 24 year old has been released - the second man is due before police again in January 2012.

28th Novemeber 2011

Bookmark and Share