Toddler Hit on Head by Glass Pane

Display case in Greggs injures three year old in pushchair

Related Links

Sign up for our free newsletter

Comment on this story on the

Health and Safety officers are investigating after a glass display case in Greggs bakers on Ealing Broadway came loose hitting a three year old on the head.

Asher King, from Willesden, was in a pushchair in the bakery with his grandmother when the accident happened.

A paramedic was called and Asher was treated on site. His grandmother was advised to take him to hospital but Asher refused.

The youngster has developed a fear of doctors, hospitals and ambulances since he lost his young cousin in March.

Tziell Pinnock, two, died when he fell from balcony of his home on the 16th floor of Hereford House, South Kilburn.

Asher had a swelling to the head and suffered shock, but his family say it could have been much worse. His mother, Ruanna King is now seeking legal advice.

Greggs has issued a statement: '' Greggs can confirm that late on Friday (July 10) afternoon, an adult with a three year old child in a pushchair was making a purchase in the company’s Ealing Broadway shop when part of a display case slipped and came into contact with the child.

Although there were no discernible sign of injury, medical help was summoned as a precaution. A paramedic attended and recommended the child be taken to hospital for a check-up.

The company’s health and safety managers are currently investigating.''




July 27, 2009

Bookmark and Share