Man Found Guilty of GBH After Town Centre Attack

Victim nearly killed during the assault on Bond Street

Related Links

Murder Investigation Launched in Perivale


Sign up for our free newsletter

Comment on this story on the

A 26 year old man has been found of guilty of attacking another man with a road sign leaving him for dead.

It happened on the 21st February as officers were taking part in an operation to crackdown on anti social behaviour in Ealing town centre.

Police were called to reports of a serious assault in Bond Street W5, where they found a man in a serious condition after having being hit with the sign from a nearby road works.

The victim in his 30s suffered significant head injuries which were thought to be life threatening by the ambulance staff attending.

Whilst emergency first aid was given officers co-coordinated an area search for the suspect who was soon spotted nearby.

Officers saw him ducking into nearby gardens and then making off over fences. Police gave chase and arrested him near the Town Hall. He was later charged.

Ronald Regan Vaipaiya, a 26 year old male from Wembley, pleaded not guilty but, as a result of the evidence of a number of witnesses and the thorough investigation conducted by Ealing CID, he was found guilty of causing GBH with Intent and common assault.

He was sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court on 3rd September to a total of 4 years 3 months imprisonment.

Acting Insp Rawlinson said, "Ealing police have worked hard in recent months to tackle anti social behaviour in the town centre at night. Officers from across the Borough have worked together to reassure the public that Ealing is a safe place to enjoy a night out and to make it clear that police will deal robustly with those who decide to behave inappropriately. We will continue to do so in coming months. I would like to thank all the members of the public that assisted us to investigate this matter and bring this violent man to justice".



September 8, 2010

Bookmark and Share