|Don't Just Park.... Shop|
Traders take up residence in Springbridge Road
A new and unusual location for a shop opens in the run-up to Christmas - in the ground floor of Springbridge Road car park, Ealing Broadway.
The outlet is based in the revamped security office on the ground floor. It will sell goods from local traders and will be open Monday to Sunday. Tenants will change every week:
• 1 - 7 December: Afrique Chique – African print clothing, accessories and home wear
• 8-10 December: Ealing Pop-Up Studio – Portraits by the University of West London photography studio team
• 11-14 December: Turmeric and Honey - Nina Thakar Health and wellbeing products. Free 20 minutes consultation on health issues and food allergy testing.
• 15-21 December: Toti Clothing Rapallini Designs – Locally custom handmade women’s designer clothing.
• 22-24 December Ealing Pop-Up Studio – Portraits by the University of West London photography studio team
• 26-31 December: Turmeric and Honey – Nina Thakar Health and wellbeing products. Free 20 minutes consultation on health issues and food allergy testing
There will also be workshops taking place in the evening. Lloyds Bank will deliver drop-in business advice sessions from on Monday, 15 December from 7-9pm.
And Sonia Greyson-Newman from Bright Now Coaching will run a workshop called “Achieve your goals and resolutions in 2015” on Friday, 12 December 2014 from 7-9pm. To book tickets for this workshop, go to www.eventbrite.co.uk and search for ‘Bright Now Coaching’.
Councillor Bassam Mahfouz, cabinet member for transport and environment, said: “Many local people will have already visited our summer pop-up cinema at Springbridge Road car park so this should be a natural next step for them. We have some fantastic tenants, selling original goods and services, who will welcome support from people who live and work locally. I’m expecting them to serve as a real draw to local shoppers.”
Councillor Julian Bell, leader of Ealing Council, visited the shop in advance of it opening. He said: "I'm delighted that we’re able to help support small businesses by giving them the chance to trade in a retail space right in the heart of the town centre. And these small business owners are helping us too by bringing something different to the local area. Springbridge Road is right in the heart of the town centre, just a 50 metre walk from Christ The Saviour Church. I hope that people will pop in and see what’s on offer.”
For more information and updates go to www.ealing.gov.uk/springbridgepopupshop
26th November 2014