Popular US burger bar opening in summer
American burger restaurant, Five Guys, has confirmed it will be opening in Ealing in summer this year.
The company was founded in Washington DC in 1986
by Janie and Jerry Murrell; Jerry and the couple's sons, Matt, Jim, Chad, and Ben, were the original "Five Guys." The Murrells had a fifth son, Tyler, two years later. All five sons, are still apparently involved in the business.
In 2003, the chain began franchising, and the first UK branch opened in 2013 in Covent Garden.
There are now 20 restaurants across the UK, with 6 more due to open this year.
The Ealing branch
will be ready for business (opposite the station in
2-3 Central Buildings The Broadway, Ealing W5 2NT) in July 2015.
The restaurant opening will create 40 jobs and will be 3,500 sq ft, with 101 covers.
What's so special about Five Guys?
Quick facts (provided by their PR)
- · The Five Guys menu is simple, but 100% customisable
- · We have no freezers or timers in any restaurant – everything is fresh!
- · There are 15 free toppings
- · Most ingredients are sourced locally. Only exceptions are the pickles and peanuts. Taste them and you’ll see why we had to stick with these for now!
- · We consider our fries as boardwalk style
- · Fries are fresh potatoes that are cooked in 100% peanut oil. The cooking process is quite an art form. We calibrate ourselves daily to help adjust our cooking method depending on the potatoes that day.
- · Burgers are hand pattied each morning, and cooked fresh
- · Our beef is sourced from Ireland and is from grain-fed cattle
- · Our Buns/rolls are the only proprietary ingredient and are bakery style, dense, fluffy rolls. We bake our rolls in the UK through a bakery partnership.
- · Charles Dunstone brought Five Guys here and created a 50/50 partnership with the Murrell family
4th February 2015